See more T&J here...

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 DIYs of Summer: Part 3

A brand new renovation has just been completed at Casa Ribena. I've gone classic and affordable with the permanent fittings, and now what we need are the unique personal touches. Stay tuned for my 10 DIYs of summer - maybe you can be inspired to do something for your own space! Here's part 3...
 ..........................................................................................................
The previous owners of our little house had renovated the bathroom, with ill considered super-cheap everything. One of the many things which bothered me was the mirror frame, leading me to vow to wow when given the chance. Now, as part of a complete re-do, I've worked on an absolute beauty.
I found this large mirror with a fantastically ornate but tacky gold frame (obviously not antique) at a garage sale for $50 and I've given it a sexy satin black coat, now on the wall in our considered, conservative new bathroom... she's just the shot of glamour we need...
It pained me a little to use a hacksaw on it to notch a spot around the mixer tap, but it looks wonderful in place.
Now I'd just love another one for my hall table!

No comments:

Visit me at

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago